Monday, July 11, 2016

Monique's Review of Wicked Ride (The Wicked Horse, #4) by Sawyer Bennett



In the third instalment of the Wicked Horse series, we meet the newest addition to the Silo sex club: Auralie. Her “owner” Magnus intends to auction off her virginity. It’s a consensual business arrangement, but Auralie doesn’t like it one bit. Bridger doesn’t like the arrangement either, it seems legit, so there isn’t much he can do about it, but he intends to watch them carefully. However, Logan McKay, a fishing guide and part-time fantasy maker at the club, sees the sadness in her eyes, and recognises a kindred soul. Logan has many, many secrets, he’s very closed off; nobody really knows him. Logan is not interested in the “virgin” part of Auralie, but the wounded spirit in her. Auralie and Logan connect instantly, even when it’s only through their eyes, and thus begins a most unusual relationship…

The beginning of WICKED RIDE had me completely mesmerised; the premise is utterly original, and I couldn’t wait to read on. It’s a very intriguing story, and even though Auralie is not usually the type of character I favour, I liked her a lot. Logan is a huge enigma, he tells her nothing, this even though the novel is told from alternate points of view. I must admit I was a bit conflicted because while I enjoy learning a character’s secrets at the same time at the other characters do, we still knew nothing of Logan’s secrets, and it took so long before we got to know anything – although it was a monumental burden to bear – I felt it was a tad anticlimactic. The sex scenes are as expected wild, passionate and entirely convincing, the writing fabulous and fluid, but I felt the middle of the book dragged on a bit, still I had no idea how the whole thing would turn out. I had given WICKED RIDE 4 stars, until the epilogue, which garnered a full star: it’s about Bridger, and it gives a taste of what’s to come, and I believe it will be even better than I hoped for, which is to say: it promises to be phenomenal!




~MONIQUE~

No comments:

Post a Comment