Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tycoon (The Knickerbocker Club 0.5) by Joanna Shupe


When I first started hearing buzz about Joanna Shupe's upcoming THE KNICKERBOCKER CLUB  series, I have to say that I was intrigued and a tad skeptical about the Gilded Age being used as the setting. The United States in the late 19th Century was a tumultuous time with very rapid economic growth for some, but also a time with questionable business practices like child labor. I have never read a romance story set in this time, but because I am a very enthusiastic fan of author Joanna Shupe, I decided to trust my instincts and grab the prequel novella TYCOON and see if I could possibly go on from there, as I am very persnickety when it comes to my historical romance. Well guess what? I love this story. 

Retail-store sales clerk in New York City, Clara Dawson has just witnessed a crime and before she becomes another victim. she goes on the run, hoping to head back to her family across the country. When she involves a handsome gentleman on the train platform, she has no idea what she is in for.

Distinguished man of business, Ted Harper is thrown for a loop when the clearly in trouble, red-headed beauty worms her way into his life. Ted is all about work, he hasn't gotten to where he is now by lazing about. When Miss Dawson needs protection, Ted offers her help, but he can't decide if the secretive young lady is being honest or up to no good. Being thrown together in a luxurious private train car, Ted and Clara can't ignore the desire that begins to sizzle between them which leads to the bachelor businessman to rethink his solitary status, but first the mystery of Clara's escape from New York needs to be solved.

TYCOON by Joanna Shupe is a novella that has everything I can possibly want, mystery and romance set against a vivid background. Ms. Shupe's writing is spot-on and powerful, her story compelling.Joanna Shupe has opened my mind to another era in history I thought I would never read. TYCOON makes me crave the first full-length novel in THE KNICKERBOCKER CLUB series, MAGNATE. 

~KIMBERLY~ 


Joanna Shupe has always loved history, ever since she saw her first Schoolhouse Rock cartoon. While in college, Joanna read every romance she could get her hands on and soon started crafting her own racy historical novels. In 2013, she won Romance Writers of America's prestigious Golden Heart® Award for Best Historical. She now lives in New Jersey with her two spirited daughters and dashing husband. Visit www.joannashupe.com.

Find Joanna on social media:
Twitter: @JoannaShupe
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/joannashupeauthor

Join Joanna's mailing list to learn of new releases and giveaways: 
BOOKS BY JOANNA SHUPE
 

1 comment: