Wednesday, January 14, 2015

SPOTLIGHT ON KIRSTEN OSBOURNE & THE DALTON BRIDES SERIES


Well hello all! Today we have the very talented, Kirsten Osbourne on the blog. You all know that my guilty pleasure reads are Mail Order Brides, and this new series by the above three authors is a great taste of the West as well as the Mail Order Brides. I am hoping you all enjoy the spotlights and chatter about these books... Say hello to Miss Kirsten! 
          Tell us a little bit about yourself. 
I'm a married mother of one son living in Arlington, TX.  I have a degree in public speaking and a minor in creative writing.  I homeschooled my son until two years ago when my husband took over.  I started reading romance when I was eleven and haven't stopped since.

         Tell us how the Dalton Brides Books come to be.
Mutual fans of Kit's, Cassie's and mine all asked us to write stories in the same universe...begged might be a better word for it.  So when we met up at RWA over the summer (first time I'd met Kit, but I'd met Cassie in person in August of 2013) we all met up in Kit's room and had a little powwow.  Walton Dalton and brothers were born (Around taking pictures of our toes and making people guess whose were whose.)

           What are you currently working on?
  I'm currently working on the first book of a NEW series.  It's a novella that will be published in an anthology coming out on February Ninth.  The anthology is titled "Call Me Valentino."  My story is "The Matron."

       Did you always want to be a writer? If not, what did you want to be?
I've wanted to be a writer since I was in fourth grade, and my teacher picked my story as the best in the class and read it aloud.  Watching the other students laugh at words that I had written hooked me.  In junior high I was constantly writing morose poetry that I forced others to read.

           Who was your favorite character to write and why?
 Hands down it was Edna Petunia.  She's a trip.  She appears in Violet, will appear in Iris, and will have her own book.  Who writes a romance for a 76 year old virgin?  Me, that's who.  And no, there will *not* be a sex scene.

       Do you have any role models? If so, who?
I have writers that I truly admire.  Julia Quinn, Nora Roberts, Linda Howard, Julia Garwood (her historicals) to name a few

       Where can you fans meet you?
Oh, I'm always meeting up with fans.  RT in May.  There's a smaller writer's conference in Austin in May that I will attend.  I'll be a Featured Author at Authors after dark in Atlanta in August.  I keep my options open

  Who are your favorite authors?
Hey, I already listed them for another question!

What is next for you?
New series, and a continuation of the Daltons, of course.  I need to finish my Thrice Blessed series by Morganna Mayfair (my best work that people don't read.)  I plan on starting a Viking Trilogy by Morganna when I finish the Thrice Blessed.

  What would you like readers  to know about you?
  I'm passionate about everything I do.  I do my best to get books out quickly, and I'm thrilled to hear from readers.  If you have a character you're desperate to see more from, let me know.  I'll accommodate if I can.  I can't always, but I've written several books at fans' requests (Edna Petunia anyone?)

This book contains a prologue that was published in its entirety as The Escape. The prologue is only a small portion of the book.

Through no fault of her own, Gwen Blue found herself embroiled in a scandal that would set Beckham, Massachusetts on its ear, and get her locked in her room for two months. When she found herself betrothed to a man she found loathsome, she wanted nothing more than to disappear. When her sisters liberated her from her room and proposed a journey to Texas to visit an old school friend, she didn't have to be asked twice.

Walton Dalton always had a plan for his life. He'd spent years learning everything he needed to know about ranching, and he had a large parcel of land adjacent to his two brothers' land. Between the three of them, they were going to build a Texas ranching empire. For his empire, he needed a bride.


Without his brothers’ knowledge, Walt sends off for three mail order brides from a matchmaker in Beckham. He knows from the moment he sees ‘Gorgeous Gwen’ that she's meant to be his. Will she agree to the marriage? If she does, will she be able to get over her self-centered attitude and be a good wife?


For as pretty as she is, Gwen knows very little of domestic life. Even with her complaining at first, she realizes she is in a much better place than she would be had she been back East. So with the help of her sisters, she sets out to be the wife that hard working Walt deserves. I adored this tale. Gwen's determination to prove her husband she is not the lazy woman he thinks is such a wonderful part of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment