Thursday, January 15, 2015

SPOTLIGHT ON ~ AUTHOR KIT MORGAN~ & The Dalton Brides, The Cowboy's Mail Order Bride

Please welcome the very talented Ms. Kit Morgan to 
Book Obsessed Chicks! 
Hi Kit! Thanks so much for stopping by Book Obsessed Chicks.... I really appreciate you taking your time our for me. 

     Tell us a little bit about yourself. 
 I'm a country girl at heart! Having grown up outside a little logging town in a cabin in the woods in Oregon, how can I not be? My dad was a homicide detective, so you'd think I'd write suspense and/or mystery! But no, I love romance, though I do have a definite bent toward action adventure. Must come from growing up with horses and all those hours spent playing cowboys and Indians!


    Tell us how the Dalton Brides Books came to be.
 The Dalton Brides are the brainchild of the lovely Kirsten Osbourne! She's brilliant! And thought it would be a good way to collaborate as fans from the Facebook group Pioneer Hearts requested the three of us write something together. And voila! The Dalton Brides were born!

      What are you currently working on?
 I'm working on two books simultaneously, in two different genres. On the western romance front, I'm working on Book Ten of The Holiday Mail Order Bride series. His Mail Order Valentine.

      Did you always want to be a writer? If not, what did you want to be?
 I've been writing all my life. I finally got around to doing it for a living!

      Who was your favorite character to write and why?
 Well, that other book I'm writing … in that other genre … I have a favorite all-time character … but again, on the western front, I'd have to say a group of characters. The Cooke brothers. They appear in two of my western series. The Prairie Bride Series, and The Prairie Groom series.

     Do you have any role models? If so, who?
 I've taken writing classes from some great writers, Judith McNaught, Stella Cameron, Anne Rice … but the authors that most inspired me over the years have been Jill Barnett and Julia Quinn. Because neither one takes themselves very seriously, and both value laughter.

     Where can your fans meet you? 
I'll be attending RT's Book Lover's Convention in Dallas this year; May 12th thru the 17th. Be on the lookout for other reader/author events through my newsletter. (You can sign up on my website authorkitmorgan.com

     Who are your favorite authors?
 Jill Barnett, Julia Quinn, Diana Gabaldon, Terry Pratchett, Terry Brooks.

      What is next for you?
 This year I'll be releasing the audio book versions of my series.  They are so much fun! I'm blessed to have found such a talented narrator.  Also lots of books planned for this year! Including the story of the infamous crocodile! Those who have read my Prairie Bride and Groom series, know what I'm talking about!

   What would you like readers to know about you? 
 I'm a romantic at heart. I was born in the wrong time period! Friends keep telling me to write my own perfect romance, and one day, I will!
Libby Blue lived in the shadow of her sister’s accomplishments. Bonnie, the oldest, excelled at all things domestic and was the smartest of the three. Gwen, the middle sister, excelled at … well, Gwen was beautiful, so she didn’t have to excel at much else to get what she wanted. Libby tried as hard as she could to live up to both, but always seemed to fall short. But when Gwen is caught up in a major scandal, their father decides to marry Libby and her sisters off to the most un-eligible bachelors in Beckham to save the family’s reputation. Bonnie quickly devises a plan to escape their father’s wrath and sets it in motion. Libby might yet have a chance to prove herself! As a Mail-Order Bride!

Walton Dalton had a dream to build an empire. Or in this case, a ranch where he and his two brothers could work hard and love hard. Determined to see his dream come true, he sends for his brothers and they soon join him in Texas to claim the land and begin building. That took care of the ‘work’ part. But Walton fails to tell his brothers that he already sent for mail-order brides in order to take care of the ‘loving’ part. Will Nate Dalton become Libby’s road to happiness? Or a slow path to misery because she still can’t measure up?

No comments:

Post a Comment