Friday, January 11, 2013

Guest Blogger Lisa Marie reviews WALLBANGER by ALICE CLAYTON




"Wallbanger" by Alice Clayton had me at hello (OH, GOD! to be specific). This book grabbed me right from the start and didn’t let me go until the very last word on the very last page. We first meet Caroline when she is awoken in the middle of the night by some earth shattering ‘wallbanging’ sex from her neighbors apartment. This goes on for 3 nights with 3 different (and no less enthusiastic) female companions whom she has nicknamed "Spanx", "Purina" and "The Giggler" as per the sounds emitting from the walls. Now our poor Caroline has just recently lost her "O" to a very bad sexual experience, and is very bitter because no matter how hard she tries, she just can’t get it back (carpel tunnel be damned she still keeps trying). When she finally meets Simon, aka "Mr. Wallbanger", the more she tries to hate him, the more she ends up liking him. When she and her girlfriends accidentally run into him and his friends at her boss’s party, well let the proverbial shit fly! Of course her girls end up pairing off with his perfect for them friends (or so they think, wink wink), and Caroline is left having to get a very awkward ride home from Simon. (and yes, I still think that even if he didn’t kiss her to shut her up while she was yelling at him that the ride would still be awkward) I truly enjoyed watching the story unfold and both couldn’t wait to see how things turned out while not wanting the story to ever end. I am still dealing with a book hangover and am loving every second of it. I loved this book so much that I wasn’t even 1/4 way into it and I bought it for my grown niece because I just knew she would love it. I give his 6 out of 5 stars!!!!



~LISA MARIE~


5 Stars (Hook Line and Sinker)

PLUS 1 

No comments:

Post a Comment