Sunday, February 26, 2012




Last evening Book Obsessed Chicks Book Club featured author Chastity Bush. We had an awesome turnout and the ladies sent Chastity questions which she very gladly answered for us. Here is a copy of the Q&A that we sent Chastity.

Where are you from?
I'm originally from Oklahoma,and currently live in Whitefield, OK. It's a tiny town, but I love how cozy it is. I also lived all over the state of Texas as a teenager.

How Did you get into writing?
Writing was my hubby's idea. Im an avid reader and always have been. One day my hubby walked in and saw some new books on the table and suggested I write one of my own. After the I have t been able to stop writing.
Who is your inspiration? 
Hmm... I'd have to say personally I'm always inspired by my family, (my hubby and kids) I want what's best for them, and they stand behind me 100%.
Favorite authors
I love Kresley Cole. Her Immortals After Dark series is my absolute favorite. I also love Stephanie Laurens, Hannah Howell, Lorelei James, an countless others.
What did you read growing up?

I read a little bit of everything, but I remember being younger and reading the R.L. Stein Fear Street books. But once I was older, it was romance, romance, romance!
Do you get to pick your covers.
Unfortunately, no. I do get to tell the artist everything I do/don't want, and give final approval if their design.

Which is your favorite of your works?


That'd have to be Killer Kisses, closely rivaled by Guarding Eden. I put a lot of myself in the heroines in these books. I think they turned out great. 
Favorite reads?
Anything by Kresley Cole or Lorelei James. I love books with a lot of romance, lust, mystery, suspense, and of course humor.
Where would you like to travel?
London, Scotland, Ireland, Rome, France... I could keep going but it would take all day! 

Did you find it hard to get published?

Absolutely. It seems like every publisher had their own list of do's/don't's must and must nots in their guidelines. It seemed like no matter what I wrote, no one wanted it. I'm still fighting to sign with a big name company.
Hobbies.

Wow, people still have those? :)
With a husband and two kids and my writing I dot have a lot of time for hobbies, but when I was younger i loved to  paint and sketch. I'm looking forward to getting back into that. I love to be outside with my family, hiking, fishing, and just being outdoors.


Favorite food?
I have to pick just one? :)
I really love to eat! I think my favorite would be Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey Ice cream! I love it! 


Have you met any authors?
Face to face? Unfortunately, no. I've talked to several on FB, but never actually met one. :(


Does John read your books? (hubby)
No, my hubby's isn't a big reader, but he does like to be read to. I'm just trying to find the nerve to read one of mine to him. I can write dirty, I jut can't talk it. :)

Who is your biggest advocate?
Next to my husband, it would have to be Kim! She's always pimping me and my books. She's always right there to lend a hand when I need her. She's there for me so much, there's a special dedication to her in my upcoming book, The Stranger Next Door. 

What do your kids think of you being an author?

My eight year old is still at the age where she could care less, but my 12 year old is getting to the age where she understands what I'm doing and thinks its pretty cool.

When are you coming to see Kim?
As soon as I can! Money is tight, I think it is for everyone right now. As soon as I can swing it, I'm there! My hubby doesn't fly, so the drive will be hellish, but I the end it'll be worth it!


Chastity's Blog!!!!  http://chastitybush.blogspot.com/
















1 comment:

  1. we always have a great time at book club, we talk about all kinds of books and the great authors that write them. But most of all we have Kim who goes above and beyond to make our meetings special. I am so happy to have join our club and have met many new friends and authors. Thank you Kim for giving me the opportunity to make one of my dreams posssible, meeting the authors of the books I read.

    ReplyDelete