Wednesday, June 29, 2011

RWA Literacy Signing in NYC- June 28, 2011

The RWA Literacy Signing took place yesterday at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square, New York. There were over 400 best-selling authors there lending their time to make the romance genre fan happy.

Before the signing, which was to take place at 5:30pm, I was selected to have lunch with author Sabrina Jeffries at Bricco's Restaurant. Sabrina is such a nice lady, answering questions for everyone. She even signed anything that was brought to the restaurant.

The luncheon ended up around to 2pm, so I walked down to the Marriott Marquis in Times Square to get on line. I had anticipated there would be a line as a New Yorker, we are not strangers to that. I was about the 30th person there and was joined shortly thereafter by the ladies from my book club. We waited in the gross humidity and heat outside the hotel doors in a breezeway, where there wasn't much of a breeze.

It was well after 5:30pm when the doors were open and the first 50 people at a time allowed to make our way up to the 6th floor ballroom. Once I walked in, I lined up at Sherrilyn Kenyon's table to have my copy "Born of Shadows" signed. The awesome thing was that Sherri, Dianna Love and Kim, Sherri's most awesome assitant remembered Holly and I from ComicCon 2010. After taking a few pictures with Sherri, Dianna gave me a goodie bag which just so happened to have a yet unreleased copy of her next novel out in August, "Retribution".

To be honest, from there it was all a blur. I got to see most of my favorite authors, Donna Grant, Lara Adrian with awesome hub John in tow , CH Admirand, Lauren Dane, Larissa Ione ,with her hub as well, Shayla Black, BJ Daniels, Karen Hawkins.... my list goes on. I had promised Maya Banks I was making her cornbread and I did. She graciously accepted and I hope she'll be a kind critic!

When it was all said and done the girls and I went up to the Goddess Blog's After-party for a bit and hung out with Karen Hawkins and Sabrina Jeffries. Then we met the most awesome  Donna Grant in the 8th Floor Lounge for drinks, then home! Boy was I tired after that! If I forgot anything, or if you have any questions, just comment and I'll get back to you! Hope you all enjoy the photos!




















No comments:

Post a Comment